- coordinates the relationship of government agencies and religious organizations and supervises the implementation of the law on freedom of conscience and religious organizations;
- carries out work on religious issues in the mutual relationship with religious organizations, as well as with foreign religious organizations;
- Provides the request of religious organizations in their interactions with government agencies and the necessary assistance on issues that require solutions;
- a policy of mutual understanding and tolerance between religious organizations and their members, conduct organizational work in this area;
- Participates on behalf of the Government of the Republic of Uzbekistan in the drafting of legal documents relating to freedom of conscience and religious organizations.
- carrying out together with the public authorities in the field uniform policy for addressing religious issues in accordance with the law on freedom of conscience and religious organizations;
- The relationship and cooperation between government agencies and religious organizations located in the territory of the Republic;
- reflected in the policies of the state interests of religious organizations registered in accordance with legislation
- organize a duly licensing of religious educational institutions, enforcement of license requirements and conditions shall maintain a register of licenses;
- organizes the establishment of links between religious organizations within the country and abroad.